Pages

Thursday 25 April 2019

Welcome to the School of Judgement

Hey guys,

This past weekend was to celebrate the resurrection of Christ, and I hope you had a restful holiday?

I am currently working on realigning myself in Christ, so I'll be looking at posting as many posts as the Holy Spirit leads me. This morning I'll be writing on a topic I am very guilty of, and I'll love to hear your thoughts on it as you read. What you share can be either an encouragement, scriptures for us to pray with, and anything as you are lead. Enjoy!!!
                                                 

Has any of you ever seen "news" of a "friend" who had a baby and posted it on social media? Have you ever been tempted to take your time to scroll through previous posts to calculate the 9 months from their wedding to birth date of the baby? or if they even got married at all?

Let's just say I am one of such people. We tend to call ourselves social media stalkers or better still updating ourselves on peoples lives. I have comfortably done this for so long, it has simply become normal.

No, I don't reach out to any of these people and say "Eii sister, so your husband proposed to you after you were pregnant". Nor do I ask: " were you pregnant before you got married?".

I don't make any physical steps whatsoever to make any of these people see that I know their seemly well kept secret. I simply go ahead and post a comment- "congratulations" or "awww" after doing my "research".

Does that sound like something you do? or may have done? If no, I thank God for you.

Well, just this morning, I saw a similar social media post and as usual my first instinct was, let's backtrack to the wedding date and calculate 9 months. But,I really should ask myself what is wrong with me? Why do I need to make an effort to validate someones pregnancy; simply because I know the month they got married and the 9 months doesn't add up in my head. In my defense, no-one knows I am validating, except me, right? And you, cause I just told you.

This was my perception, till the Holy Spirit highlighted to me I had been taking a course in the "School of Judgement".

What does this mean you say? Here's a little introduction...

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the first class on how to be a Judge. In this class we teach you how to judge others in your heart and claim you are just validating things. This class is for all classes of "Christians" who sit and allow the enemy to play with their minds. It involves you doing what is wrong, but claiming you aren't wrong."

Well that's the major overview of the School of judgement.

It's a school a lot of us Christians unconsciously and maybe sometimes consciously have enrolled in, in our bid to "know" more.

So many of us have played judge next to God, simply because we feel we know right from wrong.

Some of us have taken steps, searched and asked questions just to say in our heart " I ALWAYS knew that girl was a bad girl".

As plain and simple as it can be is, I have played the judge. Question is, who sent me?

Me playing the judge doesn't necessarily affect any of the people I judged in my heart. The major harm I have done in truth, is to myself and to my spirit.

The bible says :
But I tell you, everyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matt 5: 28 
This verse applies to judging, for a fact that I thought I needed to validate certain things about a person, implies I have an intention to judge, and for that reason I have sinned.

In the words of my Pastor, "I won't be the judge on Judgement day, I'll be in the line waiting to be judged as well."

So what a shame it would be when God says " I know you not". Me: "Why lord?" God: "You judged others in your heart".

That would sting, too much. One reason, will be that on the surface I am doing "everything" right as a Christian. Another reason will be that I seem to have distinguished myself as a "holy" person, yet iniquity dwells in my heart.

Writing this post is a hard pill for me to swallow. It's me openly confessing to a bad habit. One that has probably done more damage to my spirit than I know.

So here I am saying I was wrong and I still am wrong.

I say I am repenting from dead works and this is one step i am taking to transformation. on.This is an area many of us need to work on and I invite you to join me in getting our hearts and minds realigned.

Let's stop the things that aren't openly called sins, but smear our garments as Christians.

Let's stop playing judge, when we would in truth be judged.

Let's stop being hypocrites. Let's be like Christ who said :
"..he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." John 8:7 (KJV)
Do I have everything figured out yet? Nah, not really. But I am quite determined to make sure I am rapture worthy, so I am getting back in shape.

This is me, but you know you. If you have any areas you think need work, let's get active, and ask the Holy Spirit to help us, and get this Christian journey right.
 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do. Amen James 1:21- 25

2 comments:

  1. This is powerful. God bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, everyone does this judgement literally as we assume that we are reasoning beings and God has given us thinking faculties. I was guilty of this several years ago until the Lord rebuked me and sent me to read Romans 2: 1-7. We are inexcusable from judgement when we pass judgement on others for something we are guilty of. We always need to come before God and ask him to cleanse and purify our hearts

    ReplyDelete